Great memories need to be captured and kept for future reference or to bring back that feel good memory. Photographs have been used for this particular purpose, and one way of protecting these photos or paintings has been through use of frames. Frames are designed to hold pieces mounted in them, and they accentuate their elegance by having an outline edges that enhance the whole view of the photo or painting.
There are various forms of frames such as wooden, metallic and clay but one of the best frames is the acrylic frame. This kind of structures is made from acrylic plastic methyl methacrylate glass, which is transparent and has glass-like edges, light in weight and is breakage proof, making it an ideal frame material. In addition to these properties, the frame can be customized to add more beauty into it by tricks such as decorative engravings on the edges and unique polishing.
The various types of acrylic frames;
· They are different types of these acrylic structures based on their shapes, for example, there are oval, rectangular, square, and circular ones. The forms also can be modified to suit the clients’ preference like having a heart-shaped frame.
· The other difference is the size of the structure, whereby one can be made to accommodate either one or multiple photos within that one framework. Those for many images are large and have specified number of photos that they can hold without overlaps.
Color difference can also be another variation; acrylic glass is typically known as a transparent thermoplastic. However, they can be colored whereby some may be of single solid color or be multicolored.
Tips on how to take care of your acrylic frames.
· These frames have few maintenance tips since they are like glass and they don’t break easily; the primary attention is on regular dusting and cleaning.
· Dusting should be done by blowing instead of cleaning paper towel or cloth; this is to avoid scratching the surfaces. In case of cleaning, use microfiber cleaning towel that is smooth enough not to scratch.
· Use clean water to clean when the frame has much dirt, and you can use plastic cleaning detergents such as Brillianize; avoid glass cleaners that contain Ammonia or the Acetone. These chemicals corrode and eat up the acrylic material giving it a cloudy appearance and make it easy to break.
· In case of scratches use car wax to polish the surface to provide a smooth touch.
To make sure you enjoy maximum benefits from your acrylic frames, purchase the genuine ones and follow the above steps to keep the glamour.