Once in a while you need to write free eBooks to attract new subscribers in your niche and increase your subscriber base. You don’t need to spend money on creating ecovers of these eBooks with a highly professional look. A splendid look would just be fine. So how do you create such ecovers? Read on to find out.
There is an easy way-out. You just need to have the book title and the image you are going to put in ready. You also need space for the author’s name. With these elements in hand, you can go ahead creating a terrific ecover for your book.
Here are the steps:
1) Open a Microsoft Word Document.
2) In the navigation bar, select the menu item “Insert” and drop a text box on to your document and choose a background color of the text box. Type in the book title with a suitable font and select a good font color for the title. Remove the outline of the text box.
3) Pressing enter moves the cursor to the next line. Depending on how big your image is, it is up to you to create proper alignment of two text boxes and the image in between to fit in one page.
4) Select the image by clicking “Picture” in “Insert” menu item in the navigation bar. Initially place the image on Desktop so that it is easy for you to select and open the image. After the image appears on the document, you can shrink or enlarge it by pushing or pulling the ends of the image. When you are satisfied, retain it.
5) Underneath the image, place another text box and carry out the same procedure as before with the first text box. Only here you will place the author’s name with a font color and font type that entices you. The background color of the text box should be the same as before however.
6) Next go ahead to place a big text box over the whole document page covering everything on that page. Then select the same background color of the text box as before.
7) From the navigation bar under “Page Layout” menu item, expand “Send to Back” item and choose “Send Behind Text” item. And all the previous text boxes with matching background color and the image you had put earlier will appear.
8) Fix the positions and alignment of the text boxes and the image properly. You can check if it is OK by selecting “Print” from the top left corner of the navigation bar and going to “Print Preview”. And there you go – you have a splendid ecover created for your gem book. Of course, after you are done with writing your document, you need to convert it to a PDF format. This you can do easily in the Word document by selecting “Save As” from the top left corner of the navigation bar and going to PDF option.
Creating terrific ecovers for free eBooks is great this way without spending money to give a highly professional look. Yes, this is an awesome shortcut to create marvelous and gorgeous ecovers for your precious eBooks which you want to distribute freely.