There are many places to where bed bugs can be. Apart from your home, they can be in other places where people come and go. Included on those places are hotels. And in order for you not to experience their ill effects, you have to know how to keep yourself away from those pests.
The most common furniture that the said pests infest in hotels is the bed. If you are not careful of your choice of hotel to stay in for your travel, you can end up with one that could give you the worse sleeping or staying-in experience.
The bites are probably the bugs' worst effects. Apart from it though, they can also use you to spread or transport themselves to other places, your home for example, as they can easily hide and settle on your clothes and luggage. With those two ill effects, plus a number of others, it is no wonder why it is important to know how to get rid of bed bugs.
However, you can not just kill bed bugs from hotel beds. Besides that it's quite a work, it's not your job but the hotel's personnel. After all, that's part of what you are paying for. But because you can not kill those in your hotel bed, you can keep away from them. Implementing simple steps of keeping away from those pests can give you assurance of a good night sleep and bed-bugs-free trip back home.
Here are those steps:
* Check the hotel's background before looking it over others. Their infestation on hotels are often reported on the net. Apart from confirming any issue related to their infestation, checking the hotel's background can also help you have an idea of the quality of service the hotel gives.
* Inspect the hotel's bed. Examine every part of it from the mattress to the sheets to the headboard. If you have seen any discarded bugs skin or dark stains on the sheet that could have the pests' droppings, call front desk of the hotel to inform them of your problem.
* Check other furniture in the room. Chairs, Bed side table, couch, tables, cushions and curtains are among those that you should specifically check. Also, look into the wall hangings as they can be hiding in them as well.
* Do not get your luggage directly into your room. Do it after your inspection. Place them above the dresser or in a rack to prevent any of the said that you have from easily getting into it.
* Before getting the things you have bought from your travel in to your house, inspect them for any bed bug. Wash with warm water the items that can be laundered.